The first time I made my DAC list, I had 15 books on the list. After reading several reviews and seeing what some of my Goodreads friends have added, the list has almost doubled. So, here is the updated list.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
- Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
- Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
- Broken Wings by Helen Landalf
- The Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
- Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
- Die For Me by Amy Plum
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
- Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
- Fetching by Kiera Stewart
- Haven by Kristi Cook
- Mistress of the Storm by Melanie Welsh
- Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
- Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
- OyMG by Amy Fellner Dominy
- The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
- Rival by Sarah Bennett Wealer
- Sister Mischief by Laura Goode
- An Uncommon Crusade by Caron Guillo*
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
- Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
- Warped by Maurissa Guibord
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- XVI by Julia Karr
*Is not on The Story Sirens list of debuts but it is a debut book.
Do you have any of the same titles in your to-read pile?
Thanksgiving dinner was pretty good, I did however fight with my best friend who is about to lose best friend status. Other than that, I had a good time. Only my family would be able to take random twists and turns in conversations like we do. I find it almost impossible to offend us as we make fun of ourselves in the oddest ways possible. We all managed to stuff ourselves to the brim, I for one felt like an Oompa Loompa, although was not orange. Cant wait for Saturdays Zumba class to work that off. Are my Zumba buddies still going to go despite the holiday weekend? My other best friend did not make it to my grammas for Thanksgiving this year, but its ok, she actually got invited to her own familys dinner. Thats like a first! Oh at the dinner with my family, I convinced TWO kids to pull out a tooth. So now Jacob and Rachel have a missing tooth! Wooo!! That was fun to encourage/watch. I feel so accomplished. Also I told all the kids to not forget their footy-pajamas on Christmas.
I went Black Friday shopping with my cousin and my brother. Let me tell you, Walmart was a madhouse. Shoulder to shoulder waiting the whole time! One woman was three minutes from losing her teeth, she was getting on my last nerve. I did have to kick someone, and plow through the crowds to get from DVD’s over to Band Hero and knock some people out of the way so I got my $100 off game. When we were done with Walmart we went in search of breakfast. I was amused to find that almost no where was open! Tim Hortons was open… but didnt have breakfast. (wth?) So we ended up having to go to McDonalds, not our favorite, but it was food. We then went to Kohls which was the longest line ever, so we left without getting anything. The line literally wrapped all the way around three sides of the store. Not waiting. Oh yeah I almost forgot, before we left for shopping my ra-tard of a brother locked my keys in the trunk of my car. Good job brosif.
As for this morning, Melanie Welsh emailed me again and said she will post the ARC today! 😀 I am really excited to receive it!
This has so far been an author filled week for me. Maybe for some of you bloggers two authors in two days isnt alot, but for me? Wowza. I have had a nice little chat with Gae Polisner, which started with her blog post. Shes pretty awesome if I do say so. I have also sort of been offered an ARC from Melanie Welsh, and am really excited. I hope my email to her went through, but she hasnt replied yet so I am not so positive. Send another email from another address? Or does that make it look like I am trying to hard? Havent decided yet. At any rate, that starts of my Thanksgiving weekend pretty well.